• Find a seller who stores it in clean, temperature-controlled stainless steel containers topped with an inert gas such as nitrogen to keep oxygen at bay, and bottles it as they sell it. Ask to taste it before buying.
• Favor bottles or containers that protect against light, and buy a quantity that you'll use up quickly.
• Don't worry about color. Good oils come in all shades, from green to gold to pale straw – but avoid flavors such as moldy, cooked, greasy, meaty, metallic, and cardboard.
• Ensure that your oil is labeled "extra virgin," since other categories—"pure" or "light" oil, "olive oil" and "olive pomace oil" – have undergone chemical refinement.
• Try to buy oils only from this year's harvest – look for bottles with a date of harvest. Failing that, look at the "best by" date which should be two years after an oil was bottled.
• Though not always a guarantee of quality, PDO (protected designation of origin) and PGI (protected geographical indication) status should inspire some confidence.
• Some terms commonly used on olive oil labels are anachronistic, such as "first pressed" and "cold pressed". Since most extra virgin oil nowadays is made with centrifuges, it isn't "pressed" at all, and true extra virgin oil comes exclusively from the first processing of the olive paste.
|Good fats, Bad fats: let`s draw the line.|
|Four easy exercices to be healthy in the office|
|Food tech week in London: visions of London succesful startups leaders|
|This is a Health Tech Revolution|
|Extracting the best from food: Zoè’s mission|
|How To Check Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Nutrition & Healthy Eating Tips From The Mediterranean|
|Health Tech & Our Wellbeing|
|Eating Well Using App Recovers Our Fathers' Knowledge, Artichalk|
|In-take Out-take; “Nutrition” and “Exercise” The Two Pillars|
|Developing A Healthy Diet the Mediterranean Way|
|Are There Benefits To Planning Our Daily Diet?|
|Artichalk Brings Mediterranean Lifestyle To Your Fingertips|
|Can The Mediterranean Diet Make Us Happier?|
|“Younger” looking Lifestyle!|